Renault Logan launched by Mahindra

Renault Logan launched by Mahindra in petrol and diesel versions.

The much awaited beauty has just rolled out to grace the Indian tarmac. Logan, the sedan from French major Renault has been launched in India by Mahindra and Mahindra.

Good looks, competitive pricing and the Renault - Mahindras combo make Logan worthy of a long drive. According to reports, the base models of the petrol and diesel variants are aggressively priced between Rs 4.28 lakh and Rs 6.44 lakh. Logan comes from the Nashik facility of the Mahindras.

Available in Toreador Red, Fiery Black, Sahara Beige, Mist Silver, Turf Green and Diamond White shades, the car is available in select Mahindra & Mahindra showrooms with Mahindra and Renault branding.

The companies have said that the car was be available for booking in 10 cities from April 14 onwards and the customers have started get their Logans four weeks after the booking date. Equipped with three engine options, namely 1.4 and 1.6 petrol and 1.5 diesel, Logan uses the JH gearbox that has already proved its worth in the Renault range, said a report. While the 1.4 petrol engine delivers 75 hp, the 1.6 litre returns 84 hp, the diesel sibling gives only 65 hp. Both the engines are meshed with a five-speed manual gearbox, it added.

The wide-bodied vehicle calls fro an applause as it is Renault's foray into the Indian passenger car mart. The Mahindras hold 51 per cent stake in the joint venture company named Mahindra Renault. The French auto major keeps the remaining 49 per cent. The joint venture partnership has invested about Rs 7 billion in setting up a facility with a production capacity of 50, 000 cars per year, said the report.

Tipped as a fuel-efficient machine, Logan is capable of returning an average of 16 to 19 km per litre in common rail diesel (CRDi) engine and 10-13 km per litre with the petrol engine.